KPMG Enterprise Marketplace
Business Services SaaS Management Platform
Product Type: Business Networking Mobile App
End Users: Business Advisory Clients
Scope: Concept to hand-off
Discovery, Defining Problem, Designing, Delivery
Discovery & User Research Method
Led discovery, analyzed existing user research, and analyzed research with affinity mapping.
User Pain Points
- Users struggled to identify the best automated business SaaS products for their business.
- KPMG Business Advisory Team struggled to increase client exposure to and use of KPMG promoted 3rd-party SaaS products.
- Users lacked incentive to transition their workflow and business processes to automated services.
User Needs & the User Journey
Based on initial user feedback gathered by the Product Team, users needed:
- A way for KPMG clients to search for their own SaaS software from a collection of 3rd party products.
- A platform for marketing 3rd party SaaS products to KPMG clients.
- A way for KPMG clients to quickly browse and read product service information while minimizing clicks and scrolling.
- A way to monitor SaaS product performance that would also add business value for KPMG clients.
- Users needed a way of promoting additional software products to subscribers and encouraging subscription renewal when product expiration was near, to ensure buy-in from 3rd party companies.
Defining the Problem
I led bi-weekly working sessions with the Product Team to analyze the affinity mapping, define use cases, and define metrics.
Designing Wireframes, Mockups and Prototype
- Designed a mobile and desktop app featuring an advanced SaaS product search process, based on client business criteria.
- Designed an efficient product search process using a filter nav drawer, expandable cards, and an e-commerce cart checkout experience.
- Designed a SaaS product monitoring dashboard with KPI metrics and widgets, a custom recommendations notification area, and an industry news side panel.
- Designed efficient dashboard navigation using separate dashboard tabs for each SaaS product dataset.
The build-out was tested on a sample user group and demonstrated that user needs were met by this product design.