Document Management & Tasking
Gamified Mobile Business Tasking App
Product Type: Gamified Tasking Management App
Scope: Concept through interactive prototype, for 1 type of user
End Users: Business team employees
Business Advisory needed a mobile app design concept to sell to clients for their team development and incentive building.
How to use an interactive gaming UI and AI technology to create business value for KPMG clients by incentivizing both individual productivity and teamwork.
1) Product would need to have a data model that enabled the app to measure work performance “in real life” and then reward it virtually.
2) Product would need to entertain, providing the user with a sense of movement and progress, yet providing a relatively intuitive and familiar means of navigating the product to prevent user distraction from app goals.
3) Product would need to provide a sense of competition for the user to generate incentive, while also providing incentive for the user to work in unity with their larger team to achieve both employer goals.
My Strategy & Designing the User Journey Map
1) I designed the app to determine virtual rewards based on task completion measured in two increments – individual task completion and contribution to team task completion.
2) I created multiple layers of incentives by guiding the user to breakdown tasks into sets of strategic goals, rewarding users for goal completion, rewarding users for task completion strategy improvement, and rewarding users in proportion to their contribution to team goal achievement.
3) I used mobile UI design best practices, specifically focusing on progressive disclosure and context-based navigation to create a guided experience for the user and direct their focus towards actionable next steps.
Designing Wireframes, Mockups and Prototype
- I designed the user journey around task completion, guided by summary dashboards where the user reviews goals and earned rewards.
- The app organizes tasks under goal categories, some being automated and others created by the user. Completion of multiple goals are rewarded with badges.
- Measurable contributions to team goals are rewarded with teamwork badges.
- Badge completion is used to generate a user score, which determines the user’s performance rank within the team.
- The app guides work with AI driven strategy recommendations for earning more points, badges, and preparing for work reviews.
- I designed the UI design based on mobile app design best practices, specifically focusing on progressive disclosure and context-based navigation to create a guided experience for the user and direct their focus towards actionable next steps.
- The app facilitates task completion by launching task processes through the app using 3rd-party SaaS products.
The product was enthusiastically received by Business Advisory and used as a pitch design for potential clients.