BlackLine Integration Platform Product
Product Redesign & Enhancement
Product Type: iPaaS Software
Scope: User research, Heuristic Evaluation of product, Mockups, Prototype, Design Validation Testing, Handoff
End Users: System Admins, Connector Developers
Discovery, Defining Problem, Designing, Delivery
Discovery & User Research Method
Contextual inquiry and moderated interviews with 2 System Admin users, 2 Implementation Specialists, and 5 Connector Developers to capture both qualitative and quantitative data. User responses were analyzed using affinity mapping to determine the features needed by users and their priority.
User Pain Points
- Inconsistency of user controls prevented efficient connectivity setup.
- Confusing terminology in page titles and form fields prevented efficient connectivity setup.
- Lack of hierarchal structure in navigation and page layout created user confusion and dependence on Implementation Team to setup customer connectivity.
- These usability issues reduced workflow efficiency for customers and increased company workload on Implementation Team.
- Challenges: Guiding customers through the very complicated connectivity setup process to increase user adoption of self service features.